Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Kiwi "Fruit" DePierre


Kiwi came to me in a box at a farm. I was terribly worried when I told the farmer I would adopt her since HIS dog (Kiwi's dad) was quite possibly the ugliest dog to walk the earth. The crazy, wirey hair, overbite, and the fact that the dog was less than 10lbs. I have always had black labs, except one malamute mutt, so adopting this tiny 2lb puppy was very risky. So, Kiwi rode around with me on an ATV that first day, and we bonded.
From day one she has had a mind of her own... and her little obsessions. She is smarter than you want a dog to be as she will poop in the house out of spite-- like a cat. She is obsessed with balls and sucking on her stuffed bunny's butt. She is also a freak about hiding her toys. It took her a while to figure out that under my butt was not a good hiding spot for her bones. She tried to hide here giant Christmas bone but did not dig a large enough hole for it. I think she stared at it for a while before picking it up and finding a new spot.

The dog is so full of adventure though. Without wining, she rode in a Jeep without doors, boats, and a kayak. The Kayaking was awesome with "the fruit" because she would jump out of one to swim to another.

Anyways, I guess it's a good thing I like my dog since they live for 15 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment